Do you know what factors make young teens vulnerable to suicide attempts? September is a Month that refers to awareness about teen Suicide Prevention unblocked games wtf among parents. So, teachers, healthcare practitioners, and parents analyze the root cause of teen suicides.
Keeping firearms unloaded, locked, and out of reach make no difference. You cannot prevent kids from suicide. Technology has made teens vulnerable to suicide ideation and attempts.
Parents must use parental control app to control the activity of teens on cell phones for their safety. This year you can learn how to stop technology addict teens from suicide.
How does technology make teens vulnerable to attempting suicide?
Technology has become the bread and butter for everyone. Young teens spend hours and hours on cell phones and the internet. Smartphone screens have fascinating effects that make teens addicted to many things. Excessive use of technology increases pressure on the human’s upper chamber.
According Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Statistics
Suicide is the third leading reason behind deaths ages 10 -24. Almost 17% of US high school students have thought about suicide in the past year. Cyberbullying on social media networks is one of the causes of teen suicide.
- The internet connection in cell phones harbors more than 92% of teens’ lives at risk.
- More than 72% of teens visit social media networks to chat with friends and strangers.
- Excessive mobile internet and social media usage cause serious health problems among teens
- Teens have got depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, and suicidal ideation.
- Suicide rates will have increased up to 70% in 2022.
- Teens are more likely to attempt suicide ages 10 -17.
- More than 3000 high school teens attempt suicide in the United States.
For the very first time in the history of humanity, suicide has killed more teens than homicide. Technology addict teen suicide is rising, and parents, teachers, and healthcare givers are helpless. The Time Magazine report says that anxiety, depression, and loneliness are skyrocketing among 30% of female teens and 20% among teen boys.
What are the warning signs before teens commit suicide?
Parents, teachers, and coaches, who spend time with children, need to be vigilant. Here are a few signs of teen suicide that can help us to protect our loved ones:
- Technology addict teens are more likely to post suicidal ideation on social media. They post that they don’t want to live anymore.
- Teen Social media post seems that they are hopeless.
- They post videos and photos while they are abusing drugs with friends.
- Parents should analyze their health issues. Teens start losing weight and aggressive or too-cold behavior.
- Teens get sharp things, firearms, and other dangerous things to harm themselves.
- They could start living their life in loneliness.
- Teen get Poor grades at school and becoming the victim of bullies on social media.
- Teens are more likely to face body-shaming and slut-shaming incidents online.
- Teens with suicidal ideation don’t take part in family gatherings.
- Teens are more likely to harm themselves for unknown reasons.
Technology has created an immense sense of isolation among teens. You can see young teen’s texting and chatting with friends during mealtime. Technology addicts and adolescents are more likely to interact with strangers online.
Parents cannot spend time with them due to their hectic schedules. Teens got pregnant due to hookups after meeting in person with strangers doubled the risks of committing suicide.
Technology is not an alternative for a connection between parents and teens. The lack of emotional feelings between parents and adolescents comes with consequences. Young teens start finding an option for their worries and emotional well-being. Smartphones, the internet, and social media come first into their minds.
According to a study published in the journal Clinical Psychological Science; cell phones have doubled the risk of suicidal thoughts among teens.
How can parents fight against teen suicide?
Suicidal thoughts can arise anytime in a teen’s mind. Before the suicide, ideation escalates due to chronic depression, anxiety, and other reasons. Protect your suffering child at any cost. You can safeguard your child from a suicidal nightmare.
You have to catch the suicidal thoughts in time. Parents can provide medical care and opt for technological tools on electronic devices.
What essential steps should parents take to prevent teen suicide?
Suppose your child has suicidal thoughts; you can use the US National Suicide Prevention number (1-800-273-8255).
Look after your teens, so they do not have anything to harm themselves.
You can take emergency medical services to admit your child.
Use Parental apps to catch social media posts about the suicide attempt.
Technology addict teens are too emotional and are more likely to post everything they feel. So, you can monitor your teen’s social media posts, like photos, videos, and statuses.
Cell phone parental control apps enable parents to see social media logs, like chats, messages, calls, and media sharing.